Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with community rule set

From: Terry John <Terry.John () completeautomotivesolutions co uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 14:23:17 +0000

I'm aware 2970 is EOL. I didn't understand why the same rule_url was asking for different versions but that's academic
now. Because removing the 'www' did work. On both of them! So it's all good now. The working rule is:

rule_url=https://snort.org/downloads/community/|community-rules.tar.gz|Community

Your reference to the blog entry was correct. I'd found http://seclists.org/snort/2015/q4/150 in which the www is in
the url. Can't see why it should make a difference but it did.

Thanks very much

Terry