Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard2 2.14.336 to Postgresql 9.4.5 - No Connect

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:19:17 -0400

Barnyard2 is failing to connect to the latest version of PostgreSQL 9.4.5

+[ Signature Suppress list ]+

----------------------------

+[No entry in Signature Suppress List]+

----------------------------

+[ Signature Suppress list ]+

Barnyard2 spooler: Event cache size set to [32768]

INFO database: Defaulting Reconnect/Transaction Error limit to 10

INFO database: Defaulting Reconnect sleep time to 5 second

It just hangs at the above. I Have moved the entire folder containing
Barnyard2 2.14.336 to another sensor that is running PostgreSQL 9.3.10 and
Barnyard2 2.14.336 runs with no problems.

Not sure how to trouble shoot this connection problem.

I have no problem connecting to the PostgreSQL 9.4.5 database with BASE, but
it appears Barnyard2 2.14.336 is having an issue with this new version of
PostgreSQL?

Thanks.