Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Logs

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:23:31 -0400

On 10/24/2015 04:41 PM, buzzlightstory () gmail com wrote:
Dear All,

I'm have problems logging my snort alert as the log file in
'/var/log/snort.log' is always empty. I've also tried some output plugins
like alert_full, alert_fast and syslog but they are all empty files. Please
help as I'm stuck.  I'm running snort under Linux :))

https://www.snort.org/faq/how-do-i-ask-a-good-question-on-the-snort-list