Snort mailing list archives

Re: port 443 in HTTP port variable list

From: Harley H <bobb.harley () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:51:11 -0400

I don't think the host attribute table would apply to outbound malware C2
though.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Jefferson, Shawn <
Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com> wrote:

Do you use the Hosts Attribute Table feature of Snort?  If so, having
mixed traffic like that (as far as I know on current versions) will break
things, and Snort will not inspect some of the traffic you’d want it to.
In my case, it was HTTPS traffic on an HTTP port (discovered by the hosts
attribute system), even though those ports were listed in the pre-processor
configuration.