Snort mailing list archives

Question about Modified Wu-Manber (MWM) algorithm

From: 최병권<cbkbrad () kaist ac kr>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:37:05 +0900 (KST)

Hi

I'm Byungkwon and a graduate student at KAIST, Korea.I have invented new multi-pattern matching algorithm.
I have a question about Modified Wu-Manber (MWM) algorithm.As I know, the MWM had been included in Snort from 2.0 to
2.6 and it was excluded from Snort 2.7.
When I measured the performance of MWM and compared it to that of AC (Aho-Corasick),It shows pretty good performance
and sometimes better performance than AC. (different according to workloads and rulesets)
What is the reason why MWM was excluded from Snort?I hope you to answer at your earliest convenience.
Thank you!
Best regards,Yours,Byungkwon Choi