Snort mailing list archives

Re: problems with snort rules

From: Valerius Travasso <valeriustravasso () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:08:39 +0530

I changed it so that it refers to each other but still getting

WARNING: an activation rule with no dynamic rules matched.

when i run in console mode the activate rule is giving the output
message but the dynamic rule dose not seem to work

dont know what is wrong
activate tcp ***.***.***.*** any <> any any (content:"www.******.com";
msg:"somebody is accessing www.******.com"; activates:0000003;
sid:0000002;)
dynamic tcp ***.***.***.*** any <> any any (msg:"action was activated
as ****** was accessed"; activated_by:0000002; count:5; sid:0000003;)