Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: ./configure correct with-mysql-libraries for Rasberry PI 3.18.11-v7+

From: "Davison, Charles Robert" <cdaviso1 () vols utk edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 20:45:18 +0000

Charlie,

I'm not sure if these instructions will work on a Pi but they worked for me on Ubuntu 14.01. BTW if you or anyone have
complete install instructions for PFRING let me know I need it to finish a free snort class I will be posting on
Youtube. Keep in mind you might want to change your passwords, I defaulted to toor for the password but this is a demo
box, and not in production.

Barnyard 2 Install Instructions:

sudo apt-get install -y mysql-server libmysqlclient-dev mysql-client autoconf libtool
yagiuda libdumbnet1 checkinstall libdnet
sudo apt-get install libdubmnet-dev
sudo ldconfig

wget http://libdnet.googlecode.com/files/libdnet-1.12.tgz
tar zxvf libdnet-1.12.tgz
cd libdnet-1.12/
./configure CFLAGS=-fPIC; make
sudo checkinstall
sudo dpkg -i libdnet_1.12-1_amd64.deb
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1.0.1 /usr/lib/libdnet.1

Line 520 Add:
output unified2: filename snort.u2, limit 128

cd ~/snort_src
wget https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/archive/master.tar.gz -O barnyard2-2-1.13.tar.gz
tar zxvf barnyard2-2-1.13.tar.gz
cd barnyard2-master
autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4
./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
make
sudo make install

cd ~/snort_src/barnyard2-master
sudo cp etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort
sudo mkdir /var/log/barnyard2
sudo chown snort.snort /var/log/barnyard2
sudo touch /var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo
sudo chown snort.snort /var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo
sudo touch /etc/snort/sid-msg.map

echo "create database snort;" | mysql -u root -p
mysql -u root -p -D snort < ~/snort_src/barnyard2-master/schemas/create_mysql
echo "grant create, insert, select, delete, update on snort.* to \
snort@localhost identified by 'toor'" | mysql -u root -p

Add To /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=toor dbname=snort host=localhost

sudo chmod o-r  /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf

sudo /usr/local/bin/snort -q -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth0
user@snortserver:/var/log/snort$  ls -l /var/log/snort/

sudo barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort -f snort.u2 -w /var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo \
-g snort -u snort
mysql -u snort -p -D snort -e "select count(*) from event"