Snort mailing list archives

Re: Nessus activity detection quest

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:32:25 -0400

Wouldn't it also depend on the plugins that you are using with Nessus?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Y M <snort () outlook com> wrote:

There are about 3-5 signatures that almost always trigger when a Nessus
 scan is initiated with different scan types, at least in all cases that I
was able to verify. While these signatures do not identify that a Nessus
scan in particular is ongoing, but the fact of seeing them trigger together
is indicative of a Nessus scan in all cases I encountered. I will have to
dig up some old data to get the sid(s) of these signatures.

YM