Snort mailing list archives

Re: Estimating Snort's speed in processing pcaps

From: Pablo Cantos Polaino <pcantos () redborder org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:01:37 +0200

Hi Patrik,

Look at these numbers:

Breakdown by protocol (includes rebuilt packets):
        Eth:   1692541722 (100.000%)
All Discard:    852578532 ( 50.373%)

dcerpc2 Preprocessor Statistics
  Total sessions: 4040
  Total sessions autodetected: 4040
  Total sessions aborted: 3840
  Bad autodetects: 455

They seems stranges to me. Maybe if you try some pcapts separately and
check if this is a general behavior in some pcaps.

Best Regards,

Pablo Cantos
redborder.org / pcantos () redborder org

Thanks YM for the inputs. I had missed enabling pre-processor rules
from the conf file. I did a re-run of Snort. My output plug-in is u2.

Pablo: A txt file is attacched with Snort's output.

Regards,
Pratik

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Pablo Cantos Polaino