Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-users Digest, Vol 108, Issue 36

From: "Miller, Mike" <Mike.J.Miller () ihs com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:21:40 -0600

Yeah, I'm not finding any joy with that. Mostly because I'm using Security Onion, and it does things it wants to do
with Syslog. It's really bizarre that I can't get Barnyard to output the severity and facility...that's a bog stock
syslog format thing to do.

I'm scripting a small fleet of these things and altering a conf file to produce the right output is do-able, installing
a second syslog facility on another port so it can filter to the right format doesn't seem like the right way to go
about it.