Snort mailing list archives

Re: FILE-IDENTIFY FON font file download request (1:20269)

From: Alex McDonnell <amcdonnell () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 08:45:58 -0400

Hey Anthony,

   This rule is currently pending a policy review, it will likely be
excluded from balanced-ips going forward. The thought behind this rule is
that .fon files are basically dll files that have font files in the
resource section. This, like .scr and .cpl files, can lead to people
running programs because they don't think it's an executable.

thanks
Alex McDonnell
TALOS

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Rodgers, Anthony (DTMB) <