Snort mailing list archives

Re: Trigger anomalies (on LXC container versus host)

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 23:03:55 +0000

The pcaps are needed for replay and testing against.

As a test... if you run snort from both of your other instances and replay the packets  the outputs should be the same
when using the "-r" flag.

If the results are the same then you know you have a problem with your setup and with packets coming off the wire.

You could also replay the pcaps (using tcpreplay ) and look at the exit stats to see if the packets are making it into
snort correctly.

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco