Snort mailing list archives

Maximum oversize_dir_length

From: Michael B <miboe60 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:10:07 +0200

 Hello,

The default http_inspect oversize_dir_length is set to 500, but on what is this based? I'm getting a lot of "Oversize
reguest-uri directory" warnings if I use this value. I've searched around on the Internet and it is mentioned that IE
sets the limit at around 2000 characters, so why isn't this value used by default? Am I missing something?

Regards