Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort inline with Squid

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 05:58:59 -0600

On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 09:33 +0200, Robert Lasota wrote:

Hi,

Well, I have problem with running this both apps together on router.
Snort (as IPS) inline gets traffic from iptables (QUEUE option), and
Squid transparent also (from PREROUTING), and it turned out there is
problem to rinning both in that case. I tried these combinations of
iptables:

# for Snort

$iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE

# for Squid
$iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
3128

$iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE
$iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
3128

$iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE
$iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
3128

.. and nothing. In all cases or Squid doesn't work or Snort.

Does somebody have any idea how to solve this difficult case ? I would
be appreciated.

Robert

Two interfaces?  One internal net, one external net?

James