Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort and dhcp new devices on network

From: Sharif Uddin <Sharif.Uddin () spectrumgeo com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:33:24 +0000

I have currently have the following rule in local.rules

alert udp $HOME_NET any -> $DHCP_SERVERS any (msg:"DHCP";content:"|35 01 08|";sid:1000042; rev:1;)

first of all, it does not seem to get any events. Secondly i need to check if it is a known network device by running a
script which check a MySQL table for the mac address or if it is unknown device to block it from receiving a dhcp
address, which I do not know how to do.