Snort mailing list archives

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: RE: React option doesn't work

From: "Robert Lasota" <wrkilu () wp pl>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 20:18:38 +0100

Dnia Piątek, 27 Marca 2015 20:02 Victor Roemer <viroemer () cisco com> napisał(a)
Robert,

Can you review your daq options please; looking at the README from the
daq tar.gz, it looks like you need to add:

--daq-var device=<dev>

Here is a snippet that I am refering too

-------- 8< -------
NFQ Module
==========

NFQ is the new and improved way to process iptables packets:

     ./snort --daq nfq \
         [--daq-var device=<dev>] \
         [--daq-var proto=<proto>] \
         [--daq-var queue=<qid>]

     <dev> ::= ip | eth0, etc; default is IP injection
     <proto> ::= ip4 | ip6 |; default is ip4
     <qid> ::= 0..65535; default is 0

This module can not run unprivileged so ./snort -u -g will produce a warning
and won't change user or group.

Well,
1. this Snort is working on router in inline mode, so that means it gets packets from:
$iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -j QUEUE
so it needn't to set any interface

behind this router is computer on which I'm testing

2. besides, the same is writed here (NFQ section)
http://www.academia.edu/7084691/IPS_Packet_Acquisition_PCAP_AFPACKET_NFQ_NFQ_IPS_Action_replace