Snort mailing list archives

Re: Need help with Signature - OS-WINDOWS Multiple Products excessive HTTP 304 Not Modified responses exploit attempt

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:27:14 -0600

On Sat, 2015-03-21 at 01:44 +0530, Irish Settingg wrote:
Anyone who could help me on this... My environment is receiving a lot
of such alerts... Should I be concerned on this. When logs were
checked Normal 304 connections were observed.

Changing the flow variable- would that be a good idea $EXTERNAL_NET $
HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any...

Or should I think of changing the part - detection_filter:track
by_dst, count 44, seconds 4 to a better number ... as my servers are
easily handling the 304 responses...

On 14 March 2015 at 21:41, Irish Settingg <irishsetting () gmail com>