Snort mailing list archives

SIEM

From: Sharif Uddin <Sharif.Uddin () spectrumgeo com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:43:08 +0000

Hello

I would like to know if I can use snort + snorby + barnyard2 to achieve something simialir to
http://www.solarwinds.com/log-event-manager.aspx

My ideal goal is to monitor what users are doing in the domain, specifically access/modiy files/folders on network on
linux shares. Also the usual vpn connection active sync, logins, unusual activity etc.

Sharif Uddin
Development/Support Engineer

Spectrum Geo Ltd
Dukes Court, Duke Street