Snort mailing list archives

Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:39:34 -0700

In my opinion, you're probably better off building from source the things
you'll need.  They will be more up to date and easier to
replace/upgrade/tweak when the time comes, in addition to adding pfring if
you need it.  A quick down and dirty looks like this:

yum Install the normal build tools

install tcpdump/libpcap from source

ldconifg

yum -y install mysql-devel zlib zlib-devel pcre pcre-devel

ldconfig

install dnet from source

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib/
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib64/

ldconfig

install daq from source

/usr/local/bin/daq-modules-config

ldconfig

install snort from source

Links
tcpdump/libpcap - http://www.tcpdump.org/#latest-release
libdnet - http://libdnet.sourceforge.net/
snort/daq - https://www.snort.org/downloads

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Farnsworth, Robert <