Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort lan sniff

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:57:24 +0000

Hello Bruno,

        You will need to span the traffic to your sniffing interface. If your box is connected to a switch the switch
wont forward traffic to your nic by default (only broadcast traffic).

Or.. you could connect all of your boxes to a hub (not recommended :-) )...

Hope this helps!

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco