Snort mailing list archives

Re: Create rules for Google Hangouts

From: liao zhuodi <liao_zd () foxmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:11:25 +0800

Thanks Lewis, the grep appMapping.data does helps. I am trying to create some complete rules, i find some of the
rules/openaapID use http pattern to detect user access, but like google hangouts: http://www.google.com/hangouts/
<http://www.google.com/hangouts/>, but when user use Google Hangouts, they usually use it inside the gmail web page, or
some client ends. But the message text or hangouts call are encrypted by SSL, https, how can i catch the traffic from
hangouts?

Liao