Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Question

From: Bill Parker <wp02855 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 09:44:32 -0800

I received this message from a user who upgraded from 2.9.5.x and went from
FreeBSD 9.2 to 9.3, and installed 2.9.7.x, but it fails to start with:

output/libsf_dynamic_output.a...
ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/lib/snort/dynamic_

output/libsf_dynamic_output.a:
/usr/local/lib/snort/dynamic_output/libsf_dynamic_output.a: invalid file
format
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Any ideas, developers?

Bill