Snort mailing list archives

Re: Automation tools to manage NIDS servers?

From: Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:48:38 -0500

Hi Bryan,

In Security Onion, we use salt (similar to puppet):
https://code.google.com/p/security-onion/wiki/Salt

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Bryan Arenal <b.arenal () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what automation tools people use to manage their NIDS
servers.  My group uses puppet for other types of boxes but I haven't
used it for my boxes.

Before I go down that path, I was just curious if there's something
better that others prefer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Bryan

--
Doug Burks
Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?