Snort mailing list archives

Re: IPS using DAQ AFPacket problems

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 08:14:31 +0000

What exactly not working? Are you receiving any sort of errors? Please share your snort.conf and the command you use to
run Snort so we can take a look.
Please keep the posts on the list.

YM

From: jake () pharmeaserx com
To: snort () outlook com
Subject: IPS using DAQ AFPacket problems
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:45:05 -0700

I successfully setup snort using one of the guides on snort.org. I was trying to now turn it into an inline IPS using
the Snort IPS using DAQ AFPacket guide and it is not working. I followed all the steps to no avail. I have done some
poking around the internet but have not been able to find anyone who can help me with my problem. Where would you
recommend I go for help. Thank you. Jake HannInformation TechnicianHeartland Pharmacy