Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort inline install

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:59:59 +0000

Comments inline.

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:23:33 +0100
From: mongi.benali () laposte net
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort inline install

Hello,i am student in Master degree's, i have a project for installing the IPS SNORT-INLINE on ubuntu 14.04,i follow
the instruction in this site ; "http://www.openmaniak.com/inline_tutorial.php"; i have installed all the prerequisites
(just i have a problem with libmysqlclient12-dev not found i replace it by libmysqlclient15-dev).i have download
snort_inline-2.4.5a and tar it,
## I am not sure if snort_inline is maintained anymore. On that note, Snort's support to direct database processing is
no longer supported since Snort version 2.9.3. Your best choice is to have Snort write unified2 and have Barnyard2 do
the database work.
when i want to configure , i have many problems (libmysqlclient, libdnet, libipq,..) and i cant run snort inline.please
can you help me and give me the instructions for installing snort_inline on ubuntu.
## Lots of documents are available on Snort website for setting up the latest version of Snort, as well as configuring
Snort for inline processing:https://snort.org/documentshttps://snort.org/faq/can-i-have-help-with-my-homework
reguards