Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules updates broken?

From: Cary Townsend <ctownsend () catbird com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:33:57 -0800

Looking through our logs, it doesn't seem to support the DDOS theory; it
never worked after the switch.  The snippets below illustrate the last
working request, the transition, then the first attempt at the new address,
which fails:
.
.
--2014-12-08 14:04:01--
https://www.snort.org/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz?oinkcode=xxxx
Resolving www.snort.org... 23.21.42.154, 54.235.138.160, 174.129.239.220
Connecting to www.snort.org|23.21.42.154|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
.
.
.
--2014-12-08 15:04:01--
https://www.snort.org/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz?oinkcode=xxxx
Resolving www.snort.org... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.
wget: unable to resolve host address `www.snort.org'
.
.
.
--2014-12-08 16:04:01--
https://www.snort.org/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz?oinkcode=xxxx
Resolving www.snort.org... 104.28.25.35, 104.28.24.35
Connecting to www.snort.org|104.28.25.35|:443... connected.
ERROR: no certificate subject alternative name matches
.
.
.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com>