Snort mailing list archives

Re: pf_ring, openfpc, snort and snorby

From: Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 07:22:25 -0500

Hi Matheus,

Have you considered Security Onion?  It includes Snort, Snorby, PF_RING,
Bro, full packet capture, and many other tools.

http://securityonion.net

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014, Matheus Condi'ez <conma293 () gmail com> wrote:

Excellent, Yeh I had actually thought it wouldn't be too strenuous to go
and interrogate the individual sensors rather than rely on snorby as
timings may wander anyways.

Ah good I very much intended to put bro in there as well, in a separate
vm. What is n top?

The reason I like vms is so I can do hot swaps of new snort images,
differentiate images between sensor points etc and roll back if something
goes wrong (which it does)

But it sounds like you could give me some pointers :-)

Also Having said that jeremy if we had only 4-6 sensors that should be not
timeout?
How did you get snorby to differentiate, there seems to be only one field
for a single ip?
On 3/12/2014 7:06 PM, "Jeremy Hoel" <jthoel () gmail com