Snort mailing list archives

Re: DAQ 2.0.2, NFQ - DAQ error when trying to start snort

From: "Russ Combs (rucombs)" <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 20:00:25 +0000

________________________________
From: Peter Fyon [peter.fyon () gmail com]
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 10:42 AM
To: Hui Cao (huica)
Cc: snort-devel () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] DAQ 2.0.2, NFQ - DAQ error when trying to start snort

Thanks Hui,

I removed the -i eth0 from my snort command line options and it started without the warning. Not quite sure why the DAQ
fails to load if you specify an interface for snort since, as I found by commenting out that chunk of code, it looks
like the DAQ options override the snort ones.

* The NFQ DAQ gets packets via iptables, not directly from an interface.  Snort could just ignore the -i option in that
case, but it errs on the side of letting you know when something fundamentally won't work as configured.

Peter