Snort mailing list archives

Re: lots of alerts on so rule "possible DGA detected"

From: Alex McDonnell <amcdonnell () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 06:49:28 -0500

Ronny, you can influence this rule, by sending us, the VRT (TALOS) team,
examples of domains that trigger this rule improperly. Pcaps are even
better.

Kestutis, I would ask the same, please send us examples or open a support
ticket, if we don't know that it's causing FPs, then we can't fix it!

thanks
Alex McDonnell
VRT/TALOS Detection Response Team Lead