Snort mailing list archives

Re: About syslog messages in snort

From: Robert Millott <robm () millottandassociates com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:20:52 -0500

Yes, but you can set a unique id to events from each individual snort
instance.  I don't have the code in front of me, but you can start one
instance of snort like:

snort -c snort.conf -G01
and the second as
snort -c snort2.conf -G02

Then the alerts from each instance will have that 01 or 02 in the alerts.

How you separate them, and what you do once you have them identified, I'm
not sure, but at least this lets you identify which alert came from which
instance

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 8:47 AM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart () gmail com>