Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors initializing Snort with netmap support

From: Michael Altizer <xiche () verizon net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:08:01 -0500

Just as a sanity check, did you follow the instructions in the README
and recompile the FreeBSD kernel with netmap support (and then boot into
it)?  If so, are there any messages in dmesg  when you attempt this?  To
verify that netmap support is enabled for em0, you should see something
like this:

# dmesg | grep netmap
netmap: loaded module
001.000006 netmap_attach [2244] success for em0