Snort mailing list archives

Which NIC Offload Properties should I turn them on or off to make Snort logging work?

From: Jutichai Thongkrachai <thsecmaniac () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 11:21:10 +0700

Hello,

Right now, A log of my snort on Centos 7 is empty and Waldo kitty suggest
me to turn some NIC Offload Properties off. My NIC is Realtek PCIe GBE
Family Controller

Would you please tell me which the properties should I turn on or off to
make Snort logging work?

Here the list of my NIC Offload properties:

*Features for enp2s0:rx-checksumming: ontx-checksumming: off
tx-checksum-ipv4: off    tx-checksum-ip-generic: off [fixed]
tx-checksum-ipv6: off [fixed]    tx-checksum-fcoe-crc: off [fixed]
tx-checksum-sctp: off [fixed]scatter-gather: off    tx-scatter-gather:
off    tx-scatter-gather-fraglist: off [fixed]tcp-segmentation-offload:
off    tx-tcp-segmentation: off    tx-tcp-ecn-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-tcp6-segmentation: off [fixed]udp-fragmentation-offload: off
[fixed]generic-segmentation-offload: off [requested
on]generic-receive-offload: onlarge-receive-offload: off
[fixed]rx-vlan-offload: ontx-vlan-offload: onntuple-filters: off
[fixed]receive-hashing: off [fixed]highdma: off [fixed]rx-vlan-filter: off
[fixed]vlan-challenged: off [fixed]tx-lockless: off [fixed]netns-local: off
[fixed]tx-gso-robust: off [fixed]tx-fcoe-segmentation: off
[fixed]tx-gre-segmentation: off [fixed]tx-ipip-segmentation: off
[fixed]tx-sit-segmentation: off [fixed]tx-udp_tnl-segmentation: off
[fixed]tx-mpls-segmentation: off [fixed]fcoe-mtu: off
[fixed]tx-nocache-copy: offloopback: off [fixed]rx-fcs: offrx-all:
offtx-vlan-stag-hw-insert: off [fixed]rx-vlan-stag-hw-parse: off
[fixed]rx-vlan-stag-filter: off [fixed]*