Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-openappid] Gmail detection

From: Sabu Thaliyath <sabu.thaliyath () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:37:23 +0530

Hi Costas,

I am facing the same issue as Payman. Tried tweaking
' openappid/odp/lua/ssl_host_group_belvedere.lua ' to get gmail blocked.
BUt no luck. I see none of the https websites or aaplications getting
blocked.

Is there any documentation on how lua/ssl_host_group_belvedere.lua works ?
I read Opensource Detectors developer guide but still couldnt figure out
much.

Any plans to fix this issue ?

Regards,
Sabu

*Re: [Snort-openappid] Gmail detection
<http://sourceforge.net/p/snort/mailman/message/32704933/>*
From: Costas Kleopa (ckleopa) <ckleopa@ci...> - 2014-08-11 14:45:14

Payman,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

The correct configuration files for gmail are with the use of the the
SSL Host patterns.
If you see the openappid/odp/lua/ssl_host_group_belvedere.lua we have
the following patterns now.

 { 0, 655, '*.mail.google.com' },

 { 0, 655, 'imap.gmail.com' },

We will put the fix for this in our next release to allow the proper
SSL patterns from gmail.com and mail.google.com.

Thanks
Costas