Snort mailing list archives

Re: Developing a TCP/IP connections statistics plugin

From: "Carter Waxman (cwaxman)" <cwaxman () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:53:40 +0000

Hi Phuong,

We actually collect statistics on TCP as well. This is all functionality
handled by the perfmon preprocessor, and you may want to look into going
that route. Have a look at perf-base.{c,h}, as this is where we store and
manipulate such things. Also, look into the way we track streams in
snort_stream_tcp.c. You will find some of the connection accounting you
are looking for handled by this component.

Let us know if there is any thing else!

‹ Carter