Snort mailing list archives

Re: Change sid number with pulledpork

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 00:41:46 +0000

On Oct 21, 2014, at 11:21 AM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On 10/21/2014 7:02 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
 Is it possible to change sid number inside of several rules files? I
have downloaded rules from third party sites and in some cases, sids
numbers are the same.

which numbers or range of numbers are you seeing duplicated? we are aware of at
least one 3rd party that does duplicate some numbers but they also offer a rule
pack without the duplicates... they do this because some folks do not run the
VRT rules so there's no dupes to worry about... you should check with your 3rd
party rules providers and ask if they have a set of rules that are "de-duped"...

There should be no duplicate numbers anymore.  I believe this error was corrected.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager