Snort mailing list archives

Snort App Logs (not alerts)

From: "Kurzawa, Kevin" <kkurzawa () co pinellas fl us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:10:05 -0400

Where can I view the snort application startup logs?

I've been searching all over the snort manual and mailing list, but the only logging I can find references to is about
alerts. The logging I want to see is in regards to the application startup and application errors itself (I have my
alert logging working just fine). Snort is starting as a daemon and I don't want to have to manually start it to view
all the juicy startup messages. But /var/log/messages does not contain anything about snort.