Snort mailing list archives

Re: SPADE preprocessor

From: "Marty Roesch (maroesch)" <maroesch () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 02:42:06 +0000

SPADE was a preprocessor for detecting port scans that was available in early versions of Snort as a contributed plugin
for the system.  It hasn’t been maintained in about a decade though and would need to be largely rewritten to work with
the existing Snort code base.

Marty

--
Martin Roesch - maroesch () cisco com
VP/Chief Architect, Security Business Group