Snort mailing list archives

Need your help

From: waleed bulajoul <w-click () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:11:05 +0000

HiI have test snort under high speed and heavy traffic,  I've found Snort dropped packets while  speed traffic has been
increased .
Please I have got 2 questions : What is the different between outstanding packets and dropped packets? and ;
The number of packets dropped is the same number of outstanding packets  but different percentages (please see the
figure with the attachment file):Why the numbers and percentages are different in the Snort output?
Regards,Bul'ajoul