Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Rules Issues

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:55:19 -0400

On 9/23/2014 2:45 PM, Tarzan538 NONO wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Snort and having this issue which I cannot overcome.

ERROR: <33> Unknown ClassType: web-application-attack

generally speaking, this is due to the lack of classification.conf being where
snort can find and read it... in some cases, it is because the classification
file being used does not contain the specified classification type...

Things I have done:

 1. Make sure the include file is pointing to the correct location

what include file?

 2. I think I have the latest classsifiocation file "# $Id:
    classification.config,v 1.5 2013/05/28 16:19:02 jesler Exp $"

please, as a start, post your snort.conf or whatever configuration file you are
using...

please also keep your posts and responses on the list... it may help others in
the future when they search the list archives for the same or a similar problem...