Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.9.6.2 unified2

From: John Hally <JHally () EBSCO COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:41:07 +0000

Thanks Sharif,

That line is there, just a type-o:
config archivedir: /var/log/barnyard2/archive config
process_new_records_only input unified2 output database: log, mysql,
user=snort password=###### dbname=###### host=####.####.com

Should have been:

config archivedir: /var/log/barnyard2/archive config
process_new_records_only
input unified2
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=###### dbname=######
host=####.####.com

I’ve also verified that I can connect to mysql from the snort system using
the credentials, view tables, etc.

I can also manually run barnyard2 in batch mode and process individual
files.

Thanks,

John.