Snort mailing list archives

Pulledpork on Gentoo

From: Robert Millott <robm () millottandassociates com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:35:34 -0400

Anyone using Snort/barnyard/pulledpork on Gentoo?  I have snort/barnyard
working. Now I'm trying to add pulledpork to handle rule updates.  I found
an old pulledpork 0.6.1 for gentoo, but I would rather use the latest,
0.7.0, if I can.
  Setting up pulledpork.conf, I need the distro.  Only options are:

# Define your distro, this is for the precompiled shared object libs!
# Valid Distro Types:
# Debian-5-0, Debian-6-0,
# Ubuntu-8.04, Ubuntu-10-4
# Centos-4-8, Centos-5-4
# FC-12, FC-14, RHEL-5-5, RHEL-6-0
# FreeBSD-7-3, FreeBSD-8-1
# OpenBSD-4-8
# Slackware-13-1

which I don't think Gentoo fits into anywhere.  Suggestions for how to use
distro with Gentoo?

Details:
Gentoo 3.14.4
snort 2.9.6.0 GRE (build 47)