Snort mailing list archives

Re: Randomness in Snort engine

From: Hyunseok <hyunseok () ieee org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:47:30 -0400

Thanks for your reply.

It's true that the "total packets processed" that I showed earlier indeed
pkt-count stats under "HTTP Inspect" section.

However, I am not sure if I fully understand the symptom.

I see that the packet counter is incremented in
SnortHttpInspect(HTTPINSPECT_GLOBAL_CONF *GlobalConf, Packet *p).

Are you saying that Snort assembles MTU-size tcpdump-captured packets to
construct a large HTTP message body, and then re-chops it into a slightly
varying number of "Packet"s which are then injected into
SnortHttpInspect(Packet *p)?

Sorry, I am new to Snort.

Regards,
-HS

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Tom Peters (thopeter) <thopeter () cisco com>