Snort mailing list archives

snort alert ip source/Dest changed

From: kinomakino <kinomakino () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:38:58 +0200

As always, thanks for reading
I have a problem with an installation of Snort and IP source / destination
alerts.

The problem is that it changes the source IP to the destination, and vice
versa.
I think it's been since I've activated "k none", but if not active, detects
almost no traffic, just a few rules.
I have to say it's a VPS with a nic (eth2) and an alias (eth2: 1).
Both IP's are public, but the web server listens on the IP of eth2: 1.
Thanks for everything.

My snort command is:
./snort --daq --daq pcap-mode passive -i d eth2: 1 c u snort snort -g
/etc/snort/snort.conf l / var / log / snort k none