Snort mailing list archives

Re: 18174.txt

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:38:17 -0400

On 9/9/2014 3:08 PM, Kube, Cindy wrote:
Hi

When I try to download the opensource.tar.gz file, my Mcafee Viruscan starts
screaming about

18174.txt being detected as Exploit-InvCSS Trojanā€¦

Can someone tell me why?

because the mcafee software is 'not smart' and is only matching the signature
but not the type of file the signature is stored within... it is a false
positive and should be reported to mcafee so they can fix their thing ;)