Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort telnet login alert

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 11:56:08 -0400

On 9/7/2014 5:41 AM, Виталий Щетинин wrote:
Hello. I need to alert telnet login and password. How can I do it with snort? I
have write a dynamic rule but it doesnt work for all telnet configuration. Is
there some different method?

please be more specific... telnet is port 23... what do you mean by your rule
not working for all telnet configs? what does your rule look like?