Snort mailing list archives

Re: Facing problem using AFPACKET

From: Anshuman Anil Deshmukh <anshuman () cybage com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:14:04 +0000

Hi,

We see the high latency of 1500-2000 when we ping the firewall at other end when Snort is running. Ping is executed
from one of the systems in the Internal network. There are no issues seen when we setup a normal network bridge without
Snort. We are not using iptables on Snort system. I am checking with the Niagara vendor if they have their own DAQ.

Some preprocessors can be disabled by giving the parameter "disabled", but this parameter is not supported by all the
preprocessors. So does it mean that just commenting them would make them disabled? If someone could throw a light on
this would help.

Also please suggest the recommend settings for memcap, server/client depths for http_inspect for the network bandwidth
I have mentioned. And approach towards disabling the preprocessors like which ones should be disabled first. Also if
there are any other setting that needs to be changed to troubleshoot / resolve my issue would also help.

Regards,
Anshuman