Snort mailing list archives

Fw: re: darpa dataset problem(zero alert)

From: mehdi maleki <mehdimlk2003 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 22:56:42 -0700

I've tested snort with adding general rule such (alert icmp any any -> any any (msg: "test";sid=) ) and it working well
in generating alert but with default rule set it generate no alert for darpa dataset pcap files!

it seems default rule set doesn't generate even one alert  for old darpa dataset. i don't know why?

I’ve read faq but there is any solution for my problem. I’ve used
registered user rule set.