Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort log to remote syslog

From: Robert Millott <robm () millottandassociates com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:04:00 -0400

Im using snort 2.9.6 on a Gentoo box.
I've use barnyard2 before to send logs to a mysql database, with a snorby
front end, but now I am using an arcsight seim.  Isn't installing barnyard
allot of overhead, just to dump the alerts to a syslog server to be picked
up by the seim?  Some of our sensors are already seeing more traffic than
they can handle, so we have some serious tuning to do, so I don't want to
be running more apps on the box if I dont' need to.

Thanx for the reply

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera () redborder org>