Snort mailing list archives

arpspoof preprocessor for offline PCAPs

From: Michael Psaila <mp971 () york ac uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:33:42 +0100

Hi all,

Can the arpspoof preprocessor be used while running a PCAP file through
Snort?
Or does this preprocessor only work when sniffing traffic in real-time?

I've gone through the SNORT Users Manual and did quite a bit of googling,
but couldn't find an answer to my question.
If anyone could point me to a reference where this is documented, it would
be greatly appreciated.

I'm asking because I have enabled the arpspoof preprocessor in the
snort.conf file, and have set two IP/MAC pairs for it to monitor.
I then run a PCAP through Snort, but did not obtain anything from this
plug-in.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards,
Michael