Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort installation

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:07:20 +0000

Amir,
Please send your requests to the list instead of sending them to me directly. There are smart people on the list that
can help, and at the same time, answers become available to all.
Back to your question, Are you trying to compile Snort on Windows? If so, then unfortunately, I can't help with that.
If you just want to install Snort on Windows, then Snort website offers an executable that you can download and run
(https://www.snort.org/downloads/snort/Snort_2_9_6_2_Installer.exe). Also, search the list as there several references
on installing Snort on a Windows platform. If you still want to compile Snort from source, then I would suggest doing
so on a Linux flavor of your choosing. Several documents can help in this regard at: https://www.snort.org/documents
Hope this helps.YM